Wednesday, June 25, 2008

VAC Virginia Rally is History




I arrived at the Virginia Shenandoah Valley KOA Campground on Thursday evening 6-19-08. It was nearing 10 PM when I got to my campsite, but many people were gathered around various campfires in our area. The park is beautiful. The sites are shady and the weather was cool, perfect for open window nights and warm fires outside. The amenities at the park were nice too, pool, mini golf, hot tub, fishing lake, river tubing all added to a restful weekend.


I made many new friends at this rally. Many of the VAC members were from the WDCU. I hope to camp with this group again soon.


There were trailers from the 50's, 60's ( the biggest group ) and the 70's represented. By far, the most popular trailer in attendance was the Globe Trotter. It was great to see so many small AS trailers in one camp.

NOTE: Notice the NEW Carrier air conditioner on top of my Caravel. I had to be comfortable and have dependable A/C. Glad to have that unit installed now.

1 comment:

Diane said...

The pics say it all. Very restful. Happy you had dependable A/C!

It was nice to talk to you Tuesday. We look forward to seeing you soon!!

Hugs,
Diane