Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Moving in Slow Motion

Hi Readers, Nothing new to report here. The weather has been cold, and I have been lazy. My friend Greg came over for a visit last weekend and scored a few parts from my parts trailers. Who would have known that the refrigerator was bolted in through the floor in the '67 Overlander!! After a few hours we had it in my truck. Time for dinner!!

I have had a bit of a setback to keep me from working on the AS right now. I burned my left hand on a piece of stainless steel that I was cutting with a torch on Monday afternoon. The quick trip to emergency care only took about an hour and a half. Doc advises that I should be careful and watch out for infection now. Oh well, I guess the campfire wood that I began splitting over the weekend will have to wait.

3 comments:

the byamcaravanner said...

Must have been quite a burn to send you to the ER. Heated metal seems to stay hot much longer than it should. Take care of that...you need to use that hand in the future.

Steve

Frank Yensan said...

Kevin, did you say parts trailer or was that trailers? What years are we talking about? You are coming up for CBR right? I am counting on your vote in the bathroom show down.

Anonymous said...

Not really sure how I'll see your answer, but I recently began to attempt to repair and update an old airstream need advice on how to clean the aluminum/chrome on the outside. What should I do for the dull spots. You seem to know first hand could you email me?
jodieblonde@bellsouth.net