Sunday, April 6, 2008

Almost a Week of Rain

Don't get me wrong, we NEEDED the rain here, but it slows down preparations for the upcoming Springstream forums rally in Hiawassee, GA.
I towed the Caravel out of it's parking spot to check a few things and to give it some attention. I had purchased a new solar rock guard for the front window. It should be easy enough to remove the old and replace with a new one, right? I cleaned the track where the new guard will attach and noticed that it needed to be resealed. So, I attempted to remove the old, 1971 vintage steel screws that held the track in place. The screws either stripped out in the head, or broke clean off in the body. Also, broke a phillips head bit off in a screw head. (aaaarrruggghhh) A trip or two to the hardware store, got me just a few of the things I needed. (Yes, It's difficult to work when my supplier is closed.) At least the weather forecast for the week is improving. Tomorrow's another day.

No comments: