Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Springstream in Georgia '08

The rally in GA is over now. I didn't arrive on schedule, as life does get in the way. I traveled on Friday evening with thunder, rain, lightning, and wind on the trip. Arrived at the campground around 11 PM. I missed the brunch on Saturday because of other visiting obligations. The afternoon tour of homes was excellent. A few never before seen trailers were there. My little Caravel did great in it's "maiden voyage." It's first voyage was many years ago. It is a 1971, however, it had been sitting for quite a while.
The potluck meal brought out the best food (as usual.) We have some very talented cooks in our group. After the meal, I snuck off quickly to attend "The Banker's Hour." It is a showcase of banking employees from a local community bank that has grown to several states. There is singing, comedy, and skits. The format is much akin to the old Hee Haw variety show. The last half of the show had a gospel/religious side. IT WAS GREAT !! (and free) I'll be making plans to attend next year as well.

No comments: